Our house is over 100 years old. It remembers a thousand faces and human stories, lived and told in it’s walls. It was designed as a recreation place with guest rooms upstairs and a restaurant with a dance floor on the ground floor. In the summer, the restaurant would be enlarged by setting tables outside.
It is from these times that the name “Szwajcarka” was coined. Old postcards show a grand structure of “Gaststaette Schweizerei” surmounting a newly planted forest. These pictures were taken in the ’20 and ’30 of the previous century. For a short while (between 1940 and 1945) the house was called “The Green Forest” (“Gruener Wald”) a mountain restaurant. Years passed, the surrounding of our “Szwajcarka” changed, trees grew. The house – retaining its original purpose – became a guest house pleasantly called “Junak 2” (“Adventurer 2”).
In the nineties it was bought and renewed by an electric company (hence the sign on the tower which is dated 1994). It enchanted us in the autumn of 2010. It was love at first sight.
Since 2011 we have owned “Szwajcarka”, but perhaps given it’s history one should say that since 2011 it has allowed us to accompany it. People come and go, principles and systems change, but “Szwajcarka” lasts and has been standing for 100 years. Now it listens to our stories and surrounds us with warmth like a good old House should.